Song of the Depths Quest Guide
Hey guys, I’m finally back from my vacation away from guide writing. I’ve been focusing on skilling mostly to get the level requirements for Elite task sets. Well now I’m back and going to make my first quest guide! I hope you enjoy.
Drunken Oaf Waylan
1. To start the quest off go to Rimmington and enter the house west of the Well and speak to Lucille.
2. She will give you a restless sleep potion, drink it.
3. You will now be in a dream-like state and everything is slightly foggy. Follow the souls into the cave and enter.
The “Maze” Cave
4. Once inside keep going forward until you meet the Raptor and dialogue will start
5. A haunted voice calls for the men and the Raptor follows. Follow him and go through the door
6. You’ll now be in a “maze”. The Voice’s singing will tell you which way to go: North, West, South, East
7. After you enter the last room, you will end up in a room where you will have to illuminate symbols on the ground.
8. There are two symbols in this room, in the NorthEast and NorthWest corners
9. A door will appear in the SouthWest corner, enter it and you will enter another room where you will need to uncover the symbols.
10. The markings in this room are hidden in: Middle East, Middle West, and NorthWest
11. The door should appear and again in the SouthWest corner (according to RSWikia it’s the NE corner, but I think it was SW, correct me if I’m wrong)
The Burning Sapling
12. You will now have entered a room with a burning sapling in the middle of it.
13. You will have to follow these steps to nurse the sapling into a tree:
- Pick up the burning sapling and plot it in the water pot to the SouthWest and then walk through the water door to the NorhtEast
- Pick up the sapling from the water pot and plant it into the fungal plot to the NorthWest and then walk through the fungal door to the SouthWest
- Pick up the sapling from the fungal pot and plant it into the ivy pot to the SouthEast and then walk through the ivy door to the West
- Pick up the sapling from the ivy plot and plant it in the cobweb plot to the NorthEast and then walk through the coberb door to the East
14. Now the tree should be fully grown and you will be able to cross the gap. Then a cut-scene will follow
Inside the Queen Black Dragon
15. Along with some souls and the Raptor you will jump of the ledge and then be eaten by the Queen Black Dragon!
16. Now you’re inside the QBD walk through three different “rooms” while avoiding the acid pools. In the end you will find the siren, Remora, trapped in a sac.
17. Go through all the options and convince her she was dreaming and then the Raptor will barge in. Convince him to keep her alive, and Remora says she will give her necklace to you two which will teleport you out. Then free her with the coral crossbow.
18. After freeing her, the QBD is not pleased and tried to burn everyone. The Raptor protects you with his shield while Remora burns.
19. You are then teleported out and the Raptor gives you the Coral Crossbow, Coral Bolts, and Remora’s Necklace. He then tells you to speak with Lucille.
20. After speaking with her, you finish the quest with Waylan back up!
It is fairly is to get the 30k bonus constitution experience.
1. Enter the first caves again. And swim through the acid and go to the next room
2. A voice will sing again, twice, and the first letter in the line will tell you which direction to go: West, South, East, North
3. You will then reach a room with two walls separated by acid, each wall will have strange writing on it. Read it and gain xp. For me the one on the across the acid gave 25k xp and the one near the entrance gave 5k xp.
And that’s all folks! Hope this guide is easy to follow!