GOTM Winner! – 700k/Hr & 80k Combat Exp/Hr Guide!
This guide is by Kssg of cylvus forums and team, who won last months guide of the month competition. If you wish to enter this months GOTM, head on downto http://www.cylvus.com/forum/ and check it out!
Anyways, on to the guide!
Hey there high-leveled players, here’s a guide for you guys. My favorite guides are those with high requirements because they don’t die as fast as those with almost none and it always makes you feel good knowing you’re using skills that took so long to get. As the title says, this guide is all about Fiyr shades.
Shades of Mort’ton and The Branches of Darkmeyer Quests: So you can enter the Shade Catacombs to kill Fiyr Shades and have the ability to teleport to Burgh de Rott and Darkmeyer.
4-11k gp: To buy either Asyn or Fiyr remains and the pyre logs needed to cremate them to obtain a key
63/80 Firemaking: To cremate Asyn/Fiyr shades to get a Silver or Gold key so you can enter the area with the Fiyr shades.
43+ Prayer: To be able to use Protect from Melee prayer. I would recommend a 80+
80+ Attack and Strength: To kill Fiyr shades fast, the higher the better
Just wear your best armor for whichever method you are going to use. The picture above shows a typical melee setup. Shades are weak again the Gadderhammer (which I don’t use since it’s weak), Crumble Undead (if you’re gonna mage), and the Salve Amulet (highly recommended, also enchant it if you can.
In your inventory you should have a silver or gold key, Drakan’s Medallion, A spec weapon is recommended, and a prayer potion(4) if your prayer is lower than lvl 80. If you are maging just replace the spec weapon with runes.
Getting a key:
The method is simple, but may take a couple minutes to obtain a key to the Shade Catacombs.
- Go the Grand Exchange and buy either a couple Asyn shades and Eucalyptus Pyre logs if your firemaking lvl is under 80, or 1 Fiyr Shade and 1 Magic Pyre Log if your firemaking lvl is 80+
- Teleport to Burgh de Rott
- Bring the shades and pyre logs with a tinderbox to the Funeral Pyre sites in Mort’ton.
- Use them on one of the Funeral pyre sites and you will receive A key and another reward, either an item or some gp. If you are cremating Asyn shades, it may take a couple tries until you’ll get a silver key
- Go back to the bank and get ready to fight!
Now this part is simple, go to where the monsters are kill them, bank and repeat.
- You should be back at the bank, equip your gear if you already haven’t and the equipment for your inventory.
- Go to the Shades Catacombs
- Go south and enter the first door, then go south until the path splits into two and go west.
- Now your here, I recommend going to the circled area since that’s where the most are. Kill the one on the outside then go into the door. The two shades will always respawn in that room.
- Turn on Protect Melee
- Once you have a full inventory teleport back to the bank. There are three ways to refill your prayer:
A. Use prayer potions
B. Teleport to your PoH and pray at an altar
C. Teleport to Darkmeyer and pray at the Vampyric Altar
- Teleport back to Burgh de Rott and repeat!
Each Fiyr remains is worth about 5,250 gp. Using melee and teleporting method to restore prayer, you can kill 136 shades an hour. So this ends up as 136 x 5,250 gp = 714,000 gp an hour! This varies a lot on which method you use, if you are using mage you may kill shades faster but at the cost of runes.
Not only are Fiyrs good for their drops, but their experience too. Each Fiyr gives 440 xp and 147 Constitution xp. So in an hour you will gain 60k combat xp and 20k constitution xp. If your on a Shade task you can gain 15k slayer xp.
The reason why this method works is because of the update on shades in August 2011. When cremating fiyr shades, there is a possibility of getting a gold key. With the gold key you can get various things, but what most people want are the necromancer kits, the shade skull, and fine cloth. Shade skull changes look of battlestaves, necromancer kits transform Dagon’hai Robes to Necromancer Robes which have +4 prayer bonus and look awesome(They make you look like Azzanadra). Also you get firemaking and prayer xp from cremating them.
I hope you guys like this guide and if any of you do this method, please tell me the results so I can have a more accurate xp/hr rate across different levels and combat styles.