GOTM #4 Winner – Pymarid Plunder Guide!
This guide was Produced by Sam from Cylvus forums, and it was the winning guide of Guide Of The Month #4! Enjoy fellas!
Hello and welcome to my Pyramid Plunder Guide for my entrance to the GOTM. Pyramid Plunder is a thieving activity located in the deep south of Gielinor’s Map; Sophanem . It is ran by the Guardian Mummy , seen above in my banner. The activity consists robbing a Pyramid in only 5 minutes! The pyramid has a total of 8 rooms ranging from a thieving level of 21 to 91. The rewards range from close-to-worthless pottery to a Pharaoh’s sceptre/God sceptre (8th room only).
You don’t really need any requirements to play Pyramid Plunder aside from 21. However I recommend you to have 71+ Thieving for the best xp/hr in game. I also recommend you to do the following Quests.
- One Piercing Note. (For Citharede Robe Set, useful to recharge prayer.)
- Itchlarin’s Little Helper (For Access to the pyramid without Sceptre if you forget recharging)
- Contact! (For access to a bank in the city, negates the need of a teleportation item to bank)
- 99 Thieving for best exp possible there. (I assume you would know how to “PP” at 99 thieving)
First of all, the key to pyramid plunder is a combination of Low Weight, Good Prayer Bonus, Fast Healing.
From Best to Worse Not everything is needed, however I reccommend them all.
- Anti-Poison Totem OR Any Antipoison (Regular,Super,+,++) OR (Greater) Poison Purge
- Citharede Robes OR Any other prayer bonus clothes, however Citharede Robes are Recommended.
- Falador Shield 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 (Has prayer bonus and prayer restore option once a day.)
- Regen Bracelet AND Rapid Heal (4x total restore rate) OR Rapid Renewal (7x Total)
- Food (Monkfish or better recommended, however Lobster is fine with Enhanced Excalibur.
- E. Enhanced Excalibur>Enhanced Excalibur (From Seer’s Tasks, restores 400 and 200 Lp Respectively)
- Unicorn (With Scrolls) > Bunyip > Void Spinner (Healing Familiars)
- Any Weight Reducing Clothing (Boots of Lightness, Penance Gloves, Wicked Clothes/Agile)
- Teleportation to bank (Ring of Duelling/Tokkul Zo/KinShip) Not Needed if you have done Contact!
- Pharaoh’s Sceptre, To teleport to the activity.
- Ring Of Wealth (Can be used to Teleport GE (Bank) and increases chance of good loot)
- Emergency Teleport (If you’re low level)
- Ardougne Cloak 3 or 4 (Not proven to help but wearing it isn’t against the law..)
To get there, simply teleport to the First pyramid with your Pharaoh’s Sceptre.
So to play Pyramid Plunder there is simple strategy which consists rushing the pyramid.
So first we are going to do some very simple maths
(Your Thieving Level’s Room) – (2 rooms) = The room you will stop rushing
My Thieving level is 78, therefore my max room is 71.
6th Room is level 71.
6 – 2 = 4
So I’m going to stop rushing after 4th room
Room Number – Thieving Level needed.
1 – 21
2 – 31
3 – 41
4 – 51
5 – 61
6 – 71
7 – 81
8 – 91
This method is only used for the first floors depending on your level, you will stop using it after you reach the room you calculated (In my case, I will stop rushing after 4th Room)
The rushing method is very simple.
1.First Off, Start the minigame by talking to the mummy.
2. Pass the speartraps (Don’t just walk pass them or you will get hurt)
3. Then search the gold chest in the middle (If scarab swarm appears, pray melee)
You get a chance of looting Sceptre doing so.
4. Simply go and Picklock the doors around the tomb to pass to the next room.
There is a few doors so it might not be the first one you picklock, w64 is unofficial PP world to help you.
Extra (2 Last Rooms)
1. Repeat 1-3 from Rushing Method
2. Before Picklocking, SEARCH the urns, don’t “Check for snakes” as it gives less xp than just searching.
Once you are done, simply leave by the white tomb door, or the timer will run out and you will automaticly leave. Please remember you only have 5 minutes to plund the whole Pyramid, all floors.
Q: How much XP/hr does this activity gives?
A: The Xp is very dependant on your level, however at 61 Thieving, 80k/hr is easily achievable. at 91+ it is possible to achieve 260k/hr.
Don’t waste your time looting low level rooms, they give low experience.
You can recharge the Sceptre by bringing either:
6 Gold ornaments
1 Jewelled Golden Statuette
12 Stone ornaments
24 Pottery ornaments
24 Ivory combs
These are all looted from Urns/Chests
World 64 Is the unofficial World for Pyramid Plunder.
The Runescape Wiki